Source : RM Smythe
|Source Title||R. M. Smythe and Co. Inc.|
|Description|| R. M. Smythe and Co. Inc. was founded by Roland M. Smythe in New York City in 1880. His business was supplying information to the financial community and private individuals concerning obsolete securities and banknotes. Smythe died in 1930, and in 1967, the firm was purchased by John and Diana Herzog. They developed Smythe and Co. into one of the world's leading auction houses specializing in antique stocks and bonds, banknotes, coins, autographs and photographs.
In 2008, the Smythe was purchased by the venerable London collectible auction house of Spink and Son Ltd. They continued this business through offices in New York and Dallas. Records in this database under the name R. M. Smythe and Co. Inc. precede this merger and the name change.
|Scope of Text|
|Total Records in AED||923|