- Online Publications and Resources
- Book Finders and Book Search Agents
- Special Collections on the Web
- Exhibitions and Guides to Collections
- Biographical and Genealogical Reference
- Book Buyers
- Newsgroups and Listservs
- Preservation and Conservation Resources
- Printing History
- Appraisals and Estates
Biographical Dictionary This dictionary covers more than 28,000 notable men and women who have shaped our world from ancient times to the present day.
Latin Place Names
- "Contains most of the Latin place names contained in the imprint field of pre-1801 books in the catalogs of the University of Chicago, Yale University, the Huntington Library, and Brigham Young University, together with their modern English (AACR2R form) equivalent"; Bibliographic Standards Committee, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section, Association of College and Research Libraries. See Also: the CERL Thesaurus and the Orbis Latinus (1909).
Database created by the Consortium for European Research Libraries (CERL) "contains forms of imprint places, imprint names, and personal names as found in material printed before the middle of the nineteenth century including variant spellings, forms in Latin and other languages, and fictitious names. The file has been created as a reference tool for bibliographers and scholars of the history of the book."
Genealogy resource site including an extensive link database, a surname meta-search, and a genealogy message board.